On Saturday January 27th NorthLine is hosting the Toronto Indoor SUP Race. We will be racing on the Worlds Largest Indoor Lake in front of the crowd at the Toronto International Boat Show. The event is not just about SUP racing, but having fun and being an ambassador for the sport in front of the larger Toronto International Boat Show audience.
Note: When checking out, select "Instore or Curbside Pickup" so there is no freight applied to the order. However, you do not need to come to the store.
- Race is limited to experienced SUP Racers. You should be very comfortable doing tight (180 degree) buoy turns. And because of the tight course, there will be (unintentional) board contact. And falling.
- All racers are competing on 12'6" Starboard Inflatable SUP Boards that will provided. Racers are required to bring their own paddles and PFDs (inflatables are ok).
- Races are held throughout the day from 10am-4pm.
- Sprint race format with up to six paddlers per race. Races will be 300-500m with 5+ buoy turns. Starting will be an onwater lay down belly start. And a paddle finish (no running). Winners of their heats advancing.
- There will be the popular Relay Sprint races at midday.
- A couple of days before the event, competitors will be notified of their race times. Competitors must sign in 30 minutes before their heat, and be ready 10 minutes prior.
- Entry fee includes admission to the Toronto International Boat Show ($20 Value), prizes, trophy, etc.
- Contact: [email protected] or check out the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TorontoIndoorSUPRace/
Note: The water is pumped up from Lake Ontario and is not warmed. The water is shallow, but it will be very cold. Due to the tight course, the likelihood of falling in is high. So suit up as you feel appropriate.
Toronto International Boat Show
100 PRINCES' BLVD
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3C3